Blogging Out LOud !!!

Chances Don't Come Along Everyday. So Make Your Day Extraordinary!



Journey to China and back in as little time as it takes you to eat a meal. Think it's impossible? Well, Nick's foodtrip has brought us to Dragon-I which you'll be able to take a mini food tour around the various provinces to get a taste of what authentic Chinese food is all about.













The trip begin with a stop over in Sichuan Province where I eagerly dived into a bowl of Suchuan's famous Red-Hot Spicy Lamian(Noodle)Soup. This bowl may seem just like homemade Maggie Mee, but seriously it taste far better than that. For the Soup is different from the ones here that have been tailored to suit the Malaysian taste bud.













But still~ I would not say that it's a bowl filled with tiny treasures; The noodles really are smooth and chewy. Plus, the soup has become the only one of its kind with the addition of blended peanuts in it. So what actually went wrong?

Nick. Mok commented: For not being too spicy, the noodle soup has become more like a Curry Mee to me. And the deep fried pork ribs is really hard to chew. If it would be more tender and soft, I bet I'll love it more.

























Once we done with Sichuan, we make our way to Shanghai with a traditional and best selling Steamed Soup Dumpling also known as Xiao Long Bao. There is one thing that I do not like about Dragon-I's Xiao Long Baos is that the skins are ridiculously thick. And they tend to be too large. If you're lucky, the filling might be about the right, with a good amount of soup; but the skin...



Since many people have never tasted a true xiao long bao: A proper xiao long bao should have very thin skin, about spoon sized and soupy on the inside. Nick.Mok recommended place: Nanxiang Mantou Dian which located in the touristy Yuyuan Market near Chenghuang Miao.














The next stop was Beijing with a traditional handmade pulled noodle which lay beneath the mince meat sauce. From the look of it, the noodle seems to be just fine. But Nikolas Cheah commented that the noodle doesn't taste as good as it look. Auch...

After the lovely noodle, the journey then takes us around China, tasting different kind of Chinese Tradition food with our tongue. Began with Harmonie's Stew Chicken Lamian. Seriously, I can smell the aroma from the Lamian while I'm taking picture of it.













As commented by Harmonie: The oil on the Stew Chicken Lamian is not too much and not too little. The ramen is in perfect taste. Simple but delicious.

Followed by Billy's Black Pepper Pork Chop Vegetable Rice.












As commented by Billy: I personally feel that it had a Shanghai feel.

Jevin's Mushroom Seremban Egg Rice












and Yam Roll.


As commented by Jevin: It's simply delicious. =)


Jien's Fried Rice Chicken Ham.












Jien commented that: It's quite normal. I can eat something like this in my house and outside too.





The meal come to an end in the South with a Chilled Mango Puree served with Pomelo. This is really light, cold and refreshing and the perfect end to such a large meal.

















Souffle Egg White Ball with Red Bean Paste and Banana. This dessert was definitely a class of its own. The texture was really soft and feathery and the red bean paste and banana combination was a refreshing taste after all the heavy dishes before that.












I leave stuffed and satisfied after our gastronomic trip through China. With food this good, who need to travel?

3 comments:

OMGGG. I ♥♥♥ Siew Loong Pao!!! :D :D :D

THANKS FOR MAKING ME HUNGRY.

No problem XD
It's my job anyway ... LOL

great trip and great food...when u went there?

"Character cannot be developed in peace and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved - Helen Keller"

Best Viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

H3lP M3 H3LP You

Music ♥

Crap~ Only!

Kindly leave your comment at the respective blog post. As the msg @ CBOX will gone while comments won't~ =D

Nick It or Steal It

Nick It or Steal It

About Me

A simple and little thing about me.. A random person, love to travel but not really well with roads, food lover, a little bit wild(maybe not so little), I'm loud and noisy when I'm outside, I'm a devil inside, most think that I'm innocent and I always love being myself.. Seriously, if you think you know everything bout me by reading this, you so don't know about me yet~

Lovin' It?

Lovin' It?
Eddie & Amy @ Crab Island

Nick @ AAR Live Concert

Nick @ KL Bird Park
Powered By Blogger

Blog4FT! Vote ME! =)

My Recent Visitor

Shout Out !!!

Link Me

I'll be sure to link you back!

My Budds