Blogging Out LOud !!!

Chances Don't Come Along Everyday. So Make Your Day Extraordinary!





"Whatever you are doing, just keep doing it and believe that dreams do come true!
"








The diminutive Rachel Voon is traversing unchartered territory; from her discovery during high-school competition; to being discovered during SEGI's prom night; to sharing singing in Rexona Teens K-Queen.

In person, Rachel is absolutely teeny. So wee and petite that you could just fold her up and slip her into your pocket. (Maybe not so teeny weeny xD)

Despite the appearances, Rachel has a touch of inviolability to her; a sardonic manner of speaking indicative of her possessiveness about her privacy and sense of space. Explore too deep, and she retreats into an evasive shell of non-disclosure. But maybe the guardedness is reminiscent of the very manner in which she was discovered.

Here, she talks about her experience and life, before and during the performance on Rexona Teens K-Queen as well as the Happiness of being a grand prize winner.

*R stands for Rachel

How does it feel being the grand prize winner for Rexona Teens K-Queen?
R -It feels great! It is even more than having a dream come true, because I never dream that I could win a prize that big just by singing for 2 minutes. It is the beginning of an exciting journey, because not just that I'll be going on air at 8TV Quickie (16 October), Remaja, published on Redbox Magazine or more, I'll be going to U.S.! What more can I ask for? I would love to bring all my family and frieds to the States to show them how much I appreciate them. If I have the means, no doubt I'll do that! I just want to thank God again for blessing me with this huge prize! Oh yea, the other winner did a great job too! www.rexona.com.my



What was your inspiration for the video?
R- Hmm, I fell that the song, Reflection by Christina Aguilera, has been the winning song for me. 'Cause, well, I always win when I sing this song (laughing out loud). But seriously, I always choose this song for competition and I think it's really suitable for my range :)

So, do you ever push it (singing)?
R- Not really. I used to sing along with my mom during kindergarten. You see, during kindergarten, I was able to memorize the songs that teachers taught during that day. I didn't actually realize it until my mother told me about it. During secondary, I was asked to sing along with my friend in one of the singing competition, which is my first one and we won. It really bring back sweet memories when think of it. :)

Was there ever a time when you felt like it was time to stop?
R - Hmmm... I took vocal lesson for around 2 years, and I love it. When my mom asked me to stop singing, I kinda felt disappointed at first but I still hang on to it and kept dreaming of singing. Like what I always say to myself and everyone, whatever you're doing, just keep doing and believe that dreams do come true.

Have you ever considered calling it a day off?
R - No, not at all. 'Cause singing has always been my passion.

Can you share with us the process of how you joined the competition and finally won it?
R - Well, I saw the advertisement online, so I went to do a bit of research of where the Kara-Kara Truck will be. Of course, it was my passion to sing, which pushed me to go that far. I realize that the truck will be moving around Klang Valley and will be at IOI mall, Puchong on August14. They even had the song list to choose from, so I chose to sing Beauty and the Beast. On the day, I went to IOI Mall and saw the truck. I went in and bought 2 of the latest Rexona Deodorants. Just when I wanted to sing Beauty and the Beast, the Rexona team said that they don't have the music there. So, I chose my all time favorite song to sing - Reflection by Christina Aguilera. I had another chance to sing too. I sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow. The hopped off the truck and the first person I met said this to me, "You should try for One in a Million, you're really good!" I felt so confident after that. After the Rexona team posted my video, I started asking all my friends to vote for me. Towards the closing date, I only had 800 over votes while there were people who got more than 10,000 votes. I felt faint-hearted to see the extremely large number of votes that the other videos had obtained, though honestly, I think they didn't sing that well. Haha... The result was announced on September 14. When I saw my name as the grand prize winner, I was shocked and in awe! I couldn't hold my breath and I quickly called my mom to see it on the website. She was so on top of the world that she hugged me so tightly!

How did the singing come into being?
R - I always sing in church, almost weekly, and I think I learn a lot from there. By singing so often in church, I'm given the opportunity to improve.

Do you have other aspiration beyond music?
R - I used to run a lot, and I mean A LOT! I was in the athletic team during high school; I took part in many competitions like MSSKL, MSSN and so on. Haha.... Though now I seldom exercise xD


Are you a blogger? Do you enjoy that sort of direct and instant access to your fans?

R - Currently I'm not a blogger. I used to blog back then but I find it pretty hard to blog about everyday life. Fans? Hmmm... I do enjoy direct access to my fans but... But actually, I don't know how to get to my fans (laughing).... But I have a lot of friends?




What did you learn from this production?

R - I learn that success doesn't come to your door step. You have to pursue it and do whatever it takes to win it.

What special thing have you done to make sure everything went smoothly as possible?
R - I did as much as I could by asking all my friend who are within my contact to vote for me. I prayed really hard and hope that I win!

To be honest, which competition played up the most?
R -
It depends not just on the prize but also how much I feel after the competition. After the Rexona K-Queen competition, I felt really satisfied. I would say that winning this competition has brought me to another level I have not been before.

Were you nervous at all?
R - I was nervous before but when I went up to the truck... I realize that it's time for me to sing, so I tried to focus, and guess what, it did pay off in the end :)


What was your most embarrassing moment on your singing experience?

R- (Laughing) When I practice for one of the sessions in church, I went off key with the microphone and many people were there.

What kept you inspired?
R - In the end of the day, it is about achieving my dreams, it is not just about fame and success but also being able to make a different and to make an impact to this world. :)

Rexona K-Queen Winning Song

20 comments:

Great interview with her.. Now we know more about her.. lol..

btw, love the pics.. XDD

tq :) I love the picture as well :) i cant believe I have such skills xD
Maybe is rachel herself, I mean pretty+photogenic ?

wow, u actually come out with all those question... btw, Rachel rockz... felt pretty amazing when i first heard she sing during the rehearsal of the prom night...

Wow... ya interview...really professional... ^^

u can become reporter la...

no la xD i just wanted to find something to increase my blog post xD thanks anyway kennee :) u've been a great nuffnang friend :)

Awesome post!! hehe.... Thanks for all your time and effort in this! All the best in your blogging career... If you need any help, you can always ask me =)

nick i really feel your writing in this post is both sophisticated and interesting. keep up the good work!

lol, actually, tq rachel, for giving such opportunity :)

billy, thanks for guiding me last time :) it helps :)

To both Rachel and Nic, keep up the good work :) and as for Rachel hope that your dreams come true and you can get an album ready cus i'll be buying >.<

wahhh... I would love to write songs and sing... haha! Din think of making an album though... Thanks for the thought.

Rachel keep it up! Proud of you! =)
Again, thanks to the blogger-Nick for uploading this post, or else I wouldnt know that our college has a great singer. =D

i really interest to read ur blog...vry attractive...somemore the picture(rachel) also nice...u( nicholas)look like professional wor....

lol >.< thanks elaine :) i will keep it up amaze you then :)

vivien: now you only know our college got alot of pro ar 0_0 Daren is one of them... :P

The dude= Eldy voon .. xD

ps: to racheal voon, keep it up sis !! let's be proud of the 'voon' kekeke ..

hahah... seldom I see Voon ppl.... Thanks =)

hey nich..nice post..love this post the most..hehehe ..ganbateh!! rachel..wish u al the best and god bless u ..!! wish ur dream cums true..!!kekeke..looks like i really missed alot huh?after i left coll..i missed coll life lots man..

Thanks Soo Wei!! All the best to you too!! Hope to see you also.... You graduated edi is it?

sad to see Malaysia's bunny not like other countrys T__T
hahaha xD

but there are some nice pics

I still can't believe her prizes. I want 15k and US!

I couldn't believe it myself too!!! All the Glory to the Almighty God. I believe that God wants to bless everyone and not only me, including you too, Staci!

"Character cannot be developed in peace and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved - Helen Keller"

Best Viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

H3lP M3 H3LP You

Music ♥

Crap~ Only!

Kindly leave your comment at the respective blog post. As the msg @ CBOX will gone while comments won't~ =D

Nick It or Steal It

Nick It or Steal It

About Me

A simple and little thing about me.. A random person, love to travel but not really well with roads, food lover, a little bit wild(maybe not so little), I'm loud and noisy when I'm outside, I'm a devil inside, most think that I'm innocent and I always love being myself.. Seriously, if you think you know everything bout me by reading this, you so don't know about me yet~

Lovin' It?

Lovin' It?
Eddie & Amy @ Crab Island

Nick @ AAR Live Concert

Nick @ KL Bird Park
Powered By Blogger

Blog4FT! Vote ME! =)

My Recent Visitor

Shout Out !!!

Link Me

I'll be sure to link you back!

My Budds